The challenge is on...50 days of intentional acts of generosity, health, courage, and kindness leading up to my 50th birthday.

Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Day 7: Write a letter to someone...

Challenge Day 7: Write a letter to someone who has made a difference in your life. Mail it.

I love this activity. There are so many people who have made positive impacts in my life. It was not easy to choose just one. I must confess, I wrote 2 letters today. One to someone very close to me that continues to make a difference in my life every day. The other to a friend with whom I've fallen out of touch. I heard through the grapevine that she recently got a terrific job promotion, so I took the opportunity to also congratulate her. We met on the job years ago. It was a blessing to work together and such a loss when our paths went separate ways and we no longer did. I considered her one of the perks of the job. She had a depth of character and integrity that is hard to find. She cared deeply about others and made a point to listen to all sides of an issue before acting. She really epitomized collegiality and good leadership. Her kindness was genuine. Never a snarky, gossipy, unkind word did I hear from her. She could be firm and make tough decisions with compassion and without ego. Working together, I felt encouraged to be a better leader and my better self. I am grateful for the difference she made in my life and the chance today to think of her and thank her.

No comments:

Post a Comment