The challenge is on...50 days of intentional acts of generosity, health, courage, and kindness leading up to my 50th birthday.

Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Day 22: Create a New Dance Move...


Challenge Day 22: Create a New Dance Move and Teach it to 2 People.

It's funny how each mystery challenge is exactly what I need each day. I woke up in a gloomy funk today that I couldn't shake most the day. The last thing I could envision myself doing was conjuring up the enthusiasm to dance today. By late afternoon I started feeling better.

After dinner I remembered I still had the challenge to do. Before we got involved in other pursuits, I told the family it was time to learn a new dance move. I must admit, I didn't create this dance today - it's recycled. In 6th grade my friend Teresa and I made up a dance to our then favorite song, Kung Fu Fighting, from 1974. I couldn't remember our entire dance but I remembered the gist of some of the moves.

We found the song on iTunes and turned up the volume. Hmm, now how did that dance go again? I think it was karate chop, karate chop, karate chop, spin turn, squat, jump up kick karate chop. Or something like that. My 13 year-old could not stop laughing and wanted nothing to do with my lame moves. Terri wasn't much more cooperative.

Maya finally agreed to play along only if she could make our poor little Chihuahua, Lola, do the dance too. Whatever. It was fun and we were laughing. After a few demonstrations and one too many karate kicks, I pulled a muscle in my back and fell to the floor laughing hysterically. So it was a good day for dancing after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment