The challenge is on...50 days of intentional acts of generosity, health, courage, and kindness leading up to my 50th birthday.

Saturday, October 12, 2013

Day 11: Do everything with your left hand for a day (get those synapses firing).

Glad I didn't get this challenge on a work day. Seemed easy enough until I had to zip my pants, brush teeth, wipe, cut food, and write. And I choose to do this. I have a choice.It gave me compassion for those who have no choice. Sure my left-handed writing sucks, but it's not the same as losing the ability. This challenge taught me to appreciate how much I take for granted typical manual functions. Or any physical abilities for that matter. What you don't know is it took me an hour to type this short post because I used my opposite hand. I cussed and got frustrated but wouldn't give up. At least I have another hand to use. I am humbled. Not wise, but humbled.

No comments:

Post a Comment