The challenge is on...50 days of intentional acts of generosity, health, courage, and kindness leading up to my 50th birthday.

Saturday, November 16, 2013

Day 46: Set a chime for every hour. Write down something you like about yourself. Just a quick note but be specific.

Challenge Day 46: Set a chime for every hour. Write down something you like about yourself. Just a quick note but be specific.

Oh, I've been wondering when the "write a list of what you like about yourself" challenge was going to come. One thing I don't particularly like is that I'm not very tech savvy. I have no idea how to set a chime on my phone or even it it's possible to do. I suppose there is an app I can download for that. There's an app for everything. This morning when we were home I just set the timer on the stove.

I must confess that later in the day I did not stop and remember to write something down every hour. I would write a few things, then skip a couple hours, then write a few more. Hey, it's day 46 - I'm allowing myself a little wiggle room.

So here's the list of what I like about myself - one for each hour I was awake today:

My sense of humor
I'm reliable - you can count on me
My creativity
I love to share (food, ideas, things, whatever)
My teeth - never had a cavity and my jack-o'-lantern gaps
I don't procrastinate
My love of physical activity/sports/exercise
My drive/motivation
I'm very healthy
Self-reflective - able to identify my misbehavior and good behavior
Willingness to apologize (and I do it a lot - see above)
I like that I'm very organized
I'm handy
I love being a morning person & waking up early energized
My laugh - especially the snort laugh
My body - I'm in great physical shape
I love all kinds of food - healthy appetite -not a picky eater

I asked Terri what she likes about me and my sense of humor was the first thing she said. I asked my daughter and she just said, "Huh?" and walked away.

No comments:

Post a Comment