The challenge is on...50 days of intentional acts of generosity, health, courage, and kindness leading up to my 50th birthday.

Saturday, November 9, 2013

Day 39: Wear mismatched socks and underwear that doesn't match your outfit.

Challenge Day 39: Wear mismatched socks and underwear that doesn't match your outfit.

This challenge was definitely submitted by my wife. She makes fun of me because I always wear under garments that match my outfit and she's the only one who knows. I can't help it. If I'm wearing a blue outfit, I grab blue underwear, a pink outfit, pink underwear. I don't put a lot of thought into it, it seems natural. Why not grab matching underwear if you have it?

But mismatch my socks? I mean, even a really lazy, clueless person still wears two socks that match. Wearing matching socks is pretty darned normal. But whatever, I'll wear mismatched socks.

When we went out this evening, my underwear definitely did not match my outfit. I wore jeans and a black top with pink underwear and a purple bra. Then I wore a brown leopard print sock on my left foot and a charcoal gray polka dot sock on my right foot. I even resisted the urge to wear boots so my socks wouldn't show. It was not difficult at all. No anxiety, no cold sweats. Maybe 39 days of this challenge has mellowed me.

Still not eating meat is much more difficult. The mac & cheese at the party was topped with bacon and I actually picked it all off. Little tiny pieces of bacon. Argh. I can't wait until my birthday. I'm going to have a meaty burger or steak, or something. Nothing against vegetarians, but I'm starving and my stomach is not fond of all the grains, beans, and legumes I'm consuming instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment