The challenge is on...50 days of intentional acts of generosity, health, courage, and kindness leading up to my 50th birthday.

Friday, November 15, 2013

Day 45: Leave a little gift for a neighbor you don't know very well.

This is a thoughtful challenge and sounds like fun. We have two new neighbors on the block so it's perfect. My go-to gift is always something baked since I'm a baker. I tried the "firefighter" cookies again and they turned out perfectly this time. I baked 5 dozen cookies so there were plenty to share. In addition to the new neighbors, I gave cookies to the neighbor who helped carry my new sofa upstairs and my next door neighbor who gave me lumber for a recent project. Still warm from the oven, I put each batch in it's own little basket and wrapped it with cellophane and a ribbon and included a note. Sadly I struck out at all four houses...nobody home. So I left the baskets on the porch.
As a consolation, my daughter ate some still warm with a glass of milk when she got home and loved them.

No comments:

Post a Comment